Care after Hair Transplant
Immediate after Hair Transplant
- A Saline bottle and a syringe are prescribed on discharge for spraying on transplanted area.
- You will need to spray the transplanted area every 10 – 15 minutes for the first 3-4 days. When doing this put some towels around your shoulders and let all the water drip down. No need to worry for spraying while sleeping.
- Do not touch the transplanted hair.
- You may use tap water when the sterile water provided is finished.
- Spraying prevents any scab formation on the transplanted area and on the donor area. The transplanted grafts also need to be kept hydrated throughout this period, this is essential for their survival.
- Drink plenty of water during this time and eat as normal.
Day 1- Day 3 after Hair Transplant
- Don’t worry about the pain, it is mild which is bound to happen.
- Take proper medicines as per prescription. Take proper milk/food prior taking the medicines. Please don’t take medicines empty stomach.
- Night of your procedure and next few nights :- Sleep with head elevated.
- Get your bandage removed after 24 hours.
Day 4- Day 14 after Hair Transplant
- You will commence a Ketoconazole shampoo regime on day 4
- Fill a mug of tepid water, put 10 ml of shampoo in and mix it up to make it quite soapy and with a cup or bowl, pour the solution over the transplanted area and the donor area, and rinse off any soapy solution with plenty of water.
- This should be done once a day from day 4 up until day 10.
- Do not stand under a power shower and do not wear a tight hat during this time. Do not use any product in your hair. Allow your hair to dry naturally, do not towel dry or blow dry your hair
- You may continue spraying the donor area during day 4 to 14 to relieve any itchiness. You may keep the spray bottle in the fridge during summers.
Day 10-12 of Hair Transplant
If there is any scabbing on the transplanted area, you can apply moisturizer (like ponds, nivea, vaseline or any body lotion moisturizer available at home) over transplanted area about half hour before taking bath. This will soften the scabs and help in dislodging them. Keep doing gentle massage with your fingers till scabs clear off. During this many grafts will break off and fall. Nothing to worry, its normal. They are just breaking from shafts. See the link for video by clicking here.
- Mild rubbing is permissible. You can use minoxidil lotion or other lotions as per the instruction by the doctor. Grafts starts falling at this time, but nothing to worry as it will start growing again within 3-4 months.
Post Operative Swelling
This can be possible but nothing to worry about. This could be visible towards the fore head and can be there upto 4-10 days. It can be avoided or minimised by strict bed rest for initial 3-4 days after transplant.
Information about Hair Transplant
- It is important to note that the transplanted hair will be fully embedded after day 14, that is why you can resume your normal activities at this stage
- The transplanted hair will begin to fall out, usually 2 to 4 weeks after the surgery. You may not see any growth for initial 2-3 months.
- You can expect reasonable hair growth at 6 to 7 months after the surgery, this hair will be very fine and minute at first
- At 6 months 70% the hair will have appeared, however they won’t be fully grown, it will take up to 18 months for a full growth to occur
- Shedding of the native hair can also sometimes occur post operatively. This is quite rare and if it occurs it will always re-grow
For a small video of Instructions and care after FUE hair transplant in hindi click here
and for instruction in english click here.
Our hair transplant doctors are available always for follow up discussions, if any.
Navdeep hospital and hair transplantation clinic, 112, Sukhdev Nagar, Panipat-132103, Haryana, India.
Best and low cost price FUE Hair Transplant in Delhi NCR, Chandigarh, Haryana, Punjab.